How to pay my bill, payment options, see your water report, paperless billing, help with your bill, manage your account, trail permit, start stop service EBMUD strives for responsive, personalized service for our 1.4 million customers and 740,000 wastewater customers.
Save water like a pro. Visit the WaterSmart Center for tips and rebates.
- Report water waste
- Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional
- Commercial Irrigation
- Water conservation publications
- Conservation links
- WaterSmart gardener
- My Water Report Program
- Water Efficiency Review
The purer the source, the better the water. EBMUD's primary water source is Sierra Nevada snowmelt.
- Water quality FAQs
- Water Treatment
- Annual Water Quality Report - Chinese
- Informe Anual Sobre la Calidad del Agua
- Water quality data
- Backflow prevention
- Annual Water Quality Report - English
- Lead information
- Galvanized iron pipes
- Disinfection byproducts
- Returning to service after prolonged outage
- PFAS information
To maintain reliable water supplies, EBMUD manages a vast water and wastewater system through capital improvement projects and ongoing maintenance.
- Construction in my neighborhood
- EBMUD infrastructure
- Capital Improvement Program
- Pipeline replacements
- Dam Safety Program
- Environmental review documents
- Alerts and outages
- Leaks and breaks
- Meter repairs and replacements
- Fire safety and suppression
The Customer Assistance Program (CAP) can pay a portion of the water bill for qualified low-income customers in single-family dwellings and for eligible homeless shelters.
- Customer Assistance Program (CAP) Application
- Senate Bill 998 Requirements
- Financial relief for customers behind on water bills during pandemic