Irrigating non-functional turf with potable water is prohibited for commercial, institutional, and industrial sites, including HOAs. Non-functional turf is grass not used for recreational or community activities. Convert non-functional turf to a beautiful low water landscape with an EBMUD rebate, or contact our irrigation experts to improve efficiency.
Commercial, municipal, and large multi-family properties may qualify for rebates up to $15,000.
Tips to save water, improve plant health, and lower watering costs.
How much water does your landscape need? EBMUD provides irrigation water budgets based on actual irrigated area and weather data for each billing period. Free for irrigation-only customers.
Free on-site surveys are available to commercial customers with large landscapes to help them more efficiently manage their irrigation water use.
A typical irrigation survey includes:
- Evaluation of past and present water use.
- Irrigation equipment inspection and tests (e.g., sprinklers, controllers, drip lines).
- Recommendations for setting up an efficient watering schedule.
- Determination of eligibility for rebates
- Creation of a water budget report (irrigation-only meters).
Contact us directly to schedule.
Local and state-wide resources for efficient irrigation and conservation in the landscape.