Limited in-person surveys
Limited in-person surveys are available in response to COVID-19. In-person surveys are restricted to outdoor evaluations only. Water Conservation staff are doing our best to continue offering services during this time and are available for phone consultations.
What is a water use survey?
A water use survey provides commercial, industrial, and institutional customers with a full review of their water use. Surveys are free of charge, tailored to each business, and conducted on-site by an EBMUD representative. Surveys cover both domestic and sanitary processes.
How is a water use survey done?
EBMUD's representative will provide the following services:
- Review water usage
- Check all water-using equipment for leaks and flow rates
- Check toilets for leaks and determine flush volume
- Provide free water-saving devices and materials, as needed
- Instruct staff on how to read water meters
- Recommend water-efficiency improvements
What are the potential benefits?
- Increased sustainability
- Reduced water bills
- Reduced energy costs
- Reduced wastewater charges
- Reduced wastewater pre-treatment costs