Collection and treatment
EBMUD's wastewater treatment and innovative pollution protection programs protect public health and the San Francisco Bay.
- Wastewater treatment
- Wastewater control ordinance & discharge limits
- Wastewater treatment plant tours
- What's that smell?
- Integrated master plan
- Wastewater Surveillance
Private sewer laterals
Repairing and replacing old, cracked sanitary sewer pipes helps protect the Bay. Learn more about your responsibility to fix your private sewer lateral.
Bay friendly waste disposal
What goes down the drain affects the wastewater system and the Bay.
- Copper free pools
- Cleaning products
- Medicine disposal
- What not to flush
- Fats, oils and grease
- Residential pollution prevention
- Gardening products
Using recycled water saves precious drinking water supplies.
- Recycled water customer corner
- Recycled water truck program
- Recycled water projects
- Non-potable water
- Recycled water quality
- Recycled water master plan
Recycling water and energy
Find out how EBMUD uses green technology to turn waste into energy.
Working to reduce the discharge of pollutants to the sewer and the Bay.
- Permits and wastewater discharges
- Commercial pollution prevention
- Commercial waste FAQs
- Trucked waste
Information on rates, charges and fees for wastewater treatment services.
- Public Hearing: Collection of Wet Weather Facilities Charge on Property Tax Rolls
- Rates and fees schedules
Odor report form
To report odors: fill out the odor report form or call the Odor Control Hotline at 510-287-1522.