Trucked waste

EBMUD's Resource Recovery: Trucked Waste Program provides an environmentally friendly and economical disposal alternative. EBMUD treats a variety of liquid and solid wastes, and offers competitive rates and a convenient disposal location 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. 

Deliveries requiring District staff involvement (e.g., issuance of a new tanker decal, driver site orientation, and first-load sampling for all new materials) are required to have an appointment during regular business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. To schedule such appointments, please email us at

Trucked waste payments

Pay online: Customers supporting the Resource Recovery program can pay at

Pay by phone: 1-855-880-3373. Monday–Friday, 5 a.m.-6 p.m. PST. and Saturday 6 a.m.-4 p.m PST.

Paperless Billing Cost Payment
Posting Time
Payment Methods

*Online payments made by credit card are limited to $5,000 per transaction. Credit card payments over $5,000 can be made by calling the toll free number above. Payments made by debit card can be made over $5,000 in one transaction online or over the phone. If speaking to an operator, please distinguish your payment as a "Trucked Waste" payment. Please have your 8 character account number (e.g. EBMU3000) and invoice WWO-LD-XXXX available to make payment. 

No $2.99* 2 business days Credit card, debit card or e-check


There are two main avenues to permit your waste: 1) Generator of waste obtains base Permit and has it hauled, or 2) Generator hires an approved hauler to obtain a Permit and haul waste.

  1. If your company already has a base Permit, fill out the Material Acceptance Agreement (MAA) below. The MAA should only be submitted by a company with an existing base Permit or is in the process of applying for one. Send the form along with appropriate lab data and Material Safety Data Sheets to
  2. If necessary, email to obtain a list of Approved Permitted Haulers who can profile your wastestream, or use the Base Permit Application packet below to apply for your own Permit.
  3. Use the Supplemental Wastestream Information Form if the process generating the waste is more complex than space allows on the MAA.

Currently Accepted Waste Streams

  • Animal Processing Waste
  • Animal Blood (Beef, Poultry, Sheep, Swine/Pig)
  • Beverage Processing Waste (Beer, Dairy, Juice, Spirits)
  • Brine Waste / Gray Water (Reverse Osmosis (RO) Reject, Boiler Blowdown, Cooling Towers)
  • Dairy DAF (Dissolved Air Flotation)
  • Domestic Septage / Septic Tank Cleanouts
  • Equipment Rinsate (Clean-in-Place (CIP)
  • Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) / Inedible Kitchen Grease / Grease Traps
  • Food Processing (Liquids and Solids) Waste and Expired or Off-Specification Product
  • Groundwater / Stormwater
  • Industrial / Commerical Process Waste
  • Liquid Organic
  • Municipal Water and Wastewater Sludge
  • Pharmaceutical
  • Portable Toilets / Chemical Toilets
  • Rendering Facility Waste
  • Winery Waste (Lagoon/Pond, Lees, Juice/Product, Barrel/Tank Rinsate) (see Winery Waste Management Program Brochure below)
  • Not sure? Contact to profile your waste.

Insurance Requirements

Current and prospective Trucked Waste Program customers must provide evidence of general liability, auto and worker’s compensation insurance using EBMUD’s forms, provided below. These forms are also included in the application packet linked below, but are also listed separately below for your convenience.

EBMUD Trucked Waste Program Hotline: 510-287-1632

  • Mail physically signed Base Permit Applications to the corresponding address via USPS, UPS or FedEx

EBMUD Resource Recovery
375 11th Street, MS 702
Oakland, CA 94607