Cooking fats, oils and grease, if washed down the drain, can lead to sewage back-ups at home, your business or in the community's sewer pipes and into San Francisco Bay.
Residential cooking fats, oil and grease
To reduce grease-related problems at home:
- Order a free FOG scraper for scraping plates before washing.
- Place large quantities of cooking oil in sealed container and pour it out at one of EBMUD's residential cooking oil and grease drop-off locations or search for a nearby recycling location at BayWise.
- View our FOG frequently asked questions.
- Get more tips below in the Residential Fats, Oil and Grease brochure.
- For information about your community sewers, contact your local sewer system agency.
|Residential FOG Brochure||1.7 MB|
Commercial restaurants grease control
EBMUD helps restaurants and other food facilities control grease. Get free information about best management practices, grease trap maintenance and grease interceptor maintenance.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com or call (510) 287-1651 for more information. For more information about your community sewer system, contact your local sewer system agency.
|Sample Grease Trap Maintenance Log||<1 MB|
|Discharge Prohibition Poster||3.2 MB|
|Grease Interceptor Maintenance Flyer||<1 MB|
|Best Management Practices||<1 MB|