EBMUD is proud to be part of the communities we serve and offers programs to help pay part of the cost of water service for low-income residential customers or those experiencing financial hardship.
Customer Assistance Program
The Customer Assistance Program (CAP) can pay a portion of the water bill for qualified low-income customers in single-family dwellings and for eligible homeless shelters.
You may request a payment extension or make payment arrangements:
- Login to your account and select Request Services - Payment Extensions
- During business hours: call Customer Service at 1-866-403-2683 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- After hours: call the Interactive Voice Response system at 1-866-403-2683.
Multi-Family Lien and Property Tax Collection Program
A new state law allows EBMUD to keep the water turned on for multi-family residential buildings and still collect delinquent charges. Learn more.
Financial Assistance Agency Partners
For specific programs please call or visit:
- Alameda County: 510-638-7600 - St. Vincent de Paul Society of Alameda County
- Contra Costa County: 925-252-2300 - SparkPoint Contra Costa (RCF Connects)
EBMUD Water Lifeline Program
EBMUD partners with St. Vincent de Paul Society of Alameda County and RCF Connects in Contra Costa County for the Water Lifeline Program to help EBMUD customers who are facing an emergency and cannot pay their bills.