The Restaurant Rebate Program – Food Service One Stop has ENDED.
Save Energy. Save Money.
EBMUD is offering rebates ranging from $50 to $2,000 to restaurants that replace old appliances with more efficient models. Upgrades include switching to more efficient pre-rinse spray nozzles or replacing water-cooled ice machines or inefficient steam tables. Purchasing water and energy-efficient equipment is more important than ever, and EBMUD commercial kitchen rebates make the switch more affordable.
Equipment must be purchased between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016. Equipment installation and rebate application postmark must be completed within 90 days of purchase.
EBMUD customers with commercial designation are eligible for this program. Customers must participate in a water conservation survey that identifies water conservation measures and rebate opportunities, and submit a “Rebate Application” form before starting improvements. EBMUD water conservation staff determines eligibility.
- Must be an EBMUD customer and have an open account in good standing for a minimum of three years.
- Must replace working equipment and new equipment must use 20% less water than the old equipment it is replacing.
- Equipment installation must be within the EBMUD water service area and served by an open active EBMUD potable water service account for at least three years.
- The exact equipment model number you purchase must be on the The Food Service Technology Center lists of approved technology/equipment for kitchen equipment.
- Equipment that uses the same or more water than the equipment being replaced is automatically disqualified from the program.
How to Participate
- Read the Food Service One Stop Rebate Program Rules. Only eligible upgrades will receive a rebate.
- See the lists for qualifying models for each piece of technology/equipment that you are applying for (restrictions apply).
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment within 90 days of purchase.
- If you need your original receipt(s) returned, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Complete an application. Review the application check list. Mail application and receipt(s) to:
EBMUD Water Conservation
P.O. Box 24055, MS 109
Oakland, CA 94623-1055
Rebates are issued as credits applied to the customer’s EBMUD water service account, except where the applicant for the rebate does not pay the water bill at the address where the equipment is installed.