Business and industry
We encourage wise water use. Here's what you can do:
- Repair leaks
- When watering outdoor landscapes, avoid runoff on sidewalks, streets and hardscapes.
- No washing of driveways and sidewalks; except as needed for health and safety.
- Use only hoses with shutoff nozzles to wash vehicles.
- Turn off fountains or decorative water features unless the water is recirculated.
- No irrigating ornamental turf on public street medians.
- No watering of outdoor landscapes within 48 hours of rainfall.
- Restaurants must only offer water upon customer request.
- Hotels must provide guests the option to reuse towels and linens.
Northern California's premier garden tour showcasing inspiring examples of sustainable landscaping. If you would like to be notified when registration for the May 7, 2017 tour opens fill out the notification form.
Tools for Saving
Learn how your home and landscape uses water and where you can cut back.
Receive reports comparing your water use to similar households.
Request a free home survey kit: includes dye tabs to detect toilet leaks, a flow-meter bag and instructions to manage water use.
Have you seen water being wasted? Report it!
Submit a request for an EBMUD speaker at your upcoming event. Please allow 3 weeks advance notice for any request.
Whether you want a quick fix or are committed to long-term conservation, find tips here.
Mulch helps soil retain moisture, stifles weeds and beautifies your garden.
Control your controller
Learn how to adjust your irrigation controller.
Toilet tanks are common leak culprits. A few minutes is all you need to check for leaks.