Business and industry
It’s Smart Irrigation Month at EBMUD!
Water your landscape like a pro with our new easy watering schedule and check out how to avoid 4 common mistakes here. Follow us on Twitter @ebmud for top tips throughout the summer.
More(!) cash for grass!
Transforming landscapes with California friendly plants is still one of the best ways to show that saving water is part of the California lifestyle. (Not to mention it can really help lower high bills). Find out about our latest program updates and how you can get money back when you save in the garden.
Outdoor watering rules
Rain or shine, water conservation is always in style. The following outdoor watering restrictions are in effect to encourage wise water use:
- Repair leaks
- When watering outdoor landscapes, avoid runoff on sidewalks, streets and hardscapes.
- No washing of driveways and sidewalks; except as needed for health and safety.
- Use only hoses with shutoff nozzles to wash vehicles.
- Turn off fountains or decorative water features unless the water is recirculated.
- No irrigating ornamental turf on public street medians.
- No watering of outdoor landscapes within 48 hours of rainfall.
- Restaurants must only offer water upon customer request.
- Hotels must provide guests the option to reuse towels and linens.
Tools for saving
Learn how your home and landscape uses water and where you can cut back.
Receive reports comparing your water use to similar households.
Request a free home survey kit: includes dye tabs to detect toilet leaks, a flow-meter bag and instructions to manage water use.
Have you seen water being wasted? Report it!
Submit a request for an EBMUD speaker at your upcoming event. Please allow 3 weeks advance notice for any request.
Whether you want a quick fix or are committed to long-term conservation, find tips here.
Mulch helps soil retain moisture, stifles weeds and beautifies your garden.
Control your controller
Learn how to adjust your irrigation controller.
Toilet tanks are common leak culprits. A few minutes is all you need to check for leaks.