Business and industry
EBMUD ended its drought emergency. Because of conservation, recycling and supplemental supplies, EBMUD and our customers met the East Bay’s water needs during a historic four-year drought.
Outdoor watering rules
The following outdoor watering restrictions are in effect.
- Repair leaks
- When watering outdoor landscapes, avoid runoff on sidewalks, streets and hardscapes.
- No washing of driveways and sidewalks; except as needed for health and safety.
- Use only hoses with shutoff nozzles to wash vehicles.
- Turn off fountains or decorative water features unless the water is recirculated.
- No irrigating ornamental turf on public street medians.
- No watering of outdoor landscapes within 48 hours of rainfall.
- Restaurants must only offer water upon customer request.
- Hotels must provide guests the option to reuse towels and linens.
Northern California's premier garden tour showcasing inspiring examples of sustainable landscaping. If you would like to be notified when registration for the May 7, 2017 tour opens fill out the notification form. EBMUD is a tour sponsor.
Tools for Saving
This tool takes you through your home and landscape, shows you where you are using water, and where you can cut back.
Receive bi-monthly reports comparing your water use to similar households.
Slow the flow in your house with EBMUD’s free kit. Includes dye tabs for detecting toilet leaks, a flow-meter bag and step-by-step instructions for you to better manage your home’s water use.
Have you seen water being wasted? Report water waste here.
Thank you for your interest in an EBMUD speaker for your event. Please allow 3 weeks advance notice for any request.
Whether you want a quick fix or are committed to long-term conservation projects, find tips here.
Do your sprinklers need an upgrade? Consider converting to in-line drip irrigation — a more durable, water-efficient and low-maintenance option. Hundreds of customers are installing drip irrigation and cashing in on EBMUD rebates of up to $2,500.
Called a gardener's best friend, mulch helps soil retain moisture, stifles weeds and beautifies your garden.
Control your controller
Learn how to adjust your irrigation controller to comply with EBMUD's outdoor watering restrictions.
Toilet tanks and broken sprinklers are common culprits of household leaks. A few minutes is all you need to check for leaks in the most common places.