EBMUD's customized water conservation rebates help offset the costs of installing water-saving hardware, equipment, and systems.
Rebate amounts are calculated based on estimated water savings to ensure cost effectiveness. Rebates must be pre-approved and are not retroactive.
Customers must submit an application and may be required to participate in a water conservation survey before implementing improvements. Eligibility is determined by EBMUD Water Conservation staff. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm eligibility prior to submitting an application.
The following program rules apply:
- Technology must provide proven and reliable water savings. For complex or untested measures, feasibility must be verifiable.
- Volume of existing water use for the measure must be reliably estimated.
- Expected water savings from the measure must be reliably estimated.
- Costs associated with the measure must be reliably estimated.
- Implementation of the measure must reduce existing and/or future demand for potable EBMUD water.
The following measures are not eligible for the custom rebate:
- Measures that rely primarily on behavioral change (such as education or employee awareness programs) and do not involve the installation of water-saving hardware, equipment, or systems.
- Measures that are routine maintenance procedures.
- Measures that are installed prior to application approval.
- Measures that are required for compliance with state regulations.
Rebate amounts are calculated by EBMUD staff based on estimated water savings, using the rate of $0.75 per billing unit (100 cubic feet, or 748 gallons) of water saved to determine rebate amount.
- The payback period for each water conservation measure must be two years or more.
- The actual rebate amount may incorporate an estimated project/measure life expectancy, not to exceed ten years.
- The rebate will not exceed half the cost of an approved measure.
- Taxes and installation (labor) will not be rebated.
How to apply
EBMUD will review applications for completeness and evaluate proposed measures based on program criteria. Applications that require more information will be returned with comments attached.
EBMUD may conduct an in-person water conservation survey to confirm estimated water savings, feasibility, and potential rebate amount.
EBMUD will send approved applicants a notice of approval and a Participation Agreement indicating the estimated rebate amount. A signed Participation Agreement must be returned to EBMUD. Rebate funds will be reserved for the duration of the Participation Agreement.
Upon completion of your project, notify EBMUD and submit copies of all receipts.
EBMUD staff will conduct a site visit to verify satisfactory installation of the approved measure(s). For smaller rebates and simpler technologies, the installation inspection requirement may be waived.
Once the above steps are completed, rebates will be issued in the form of a credit to your EBMUD water bill. Rebate procedures and amounts are subject to change.
Customized Water Conservation Incentive Application
|Customized Water Conservation Incentive Application||<1 MB|