Save money and the help the environment with high-efficiency commercial clothes washers.
Replacing conventional clothes washers with high-efficiency washers can cut water and energy use in half, saving money with every load. High-efficiency clothes washers also use less detergent, which is good for the environment, and reduce drying time, which saves additional energy.
- $75 per qualifying washer for multi-family properties and other businesses.
- $125 per qualifying washer for coin laundry stores.
Who can participate
Owners and operators of multi-family properties, public and private institutions with common-area laundries, coin laundry stores, and other businesses with on-premise washers in EBMUD's service area are eligible to participate.
- Qualifying high-efficiency clothes washers must be purchased (or leased with a minimum five-year term) between January 1 and December 31, 2023.
- Each front-loading commercial clothes washer manufactured on or after January 1, 2018 shall have a water factor no greater than 4.1. (Water factor is the amount of water in gallons used to wash each cubic foot of laundry.) Please refer to commercial clothes washer standards.
- The property where the clothes washer is installed has an EBMUD water service account that is active and in good standing.
- The site where the washer is installed is a commercial or multi-family (apartment, condominium, etc.) account holder. For multi-family properties, the washer(s) must be installed in a common area.
- You have not previously received a clothes washer rebate from EBMUD for the same site.
- Applications must be postmarked within 90 days of purchase or lease of qualifying machine(s).
- Rebates will issued on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are exhausted or the program terminates, whichever occurs first.
How to apply
EBMUD Water Conservation Division
P.O. Box 24055, MS 109
Oakland, CA 94623
|Commercial Washer Rebate Application (Fillable PDF)||<1 MB|
|List of Qualifying Commercial Clothes Washers||<1 MB|