Cannabis facilities

EBMUD is working with cannabis businesses to safely reduce the discharge of pollutants to community sewers and ultimately to the San Francisco Bay.    

EBMUD requires all cannabis businesses operating within the District’s wastewater service area whose operations include cultivation, manufacturing extraction and edible production to complete both:

1. Water Service Application with EBMUD's New Business Office

2. Cannabis Wastewater Discharge Permit Application with EBMUD's Wastewater Department


For questions regarding Water Service Application, please contact EBMUD's New Business Office (NBO):

Phone: 510-287-1008

For questions regarding Cannabis Wastewater Discharge Permit Application, please contact EBMUD's Wastewater Department:

Phone: 510-287-1651

Please reference the documents below including the Best Management Practices for Cannabis Facilities.