Cooking fats, oils and grease, if washed down the drain, can lead to sewage back-ups at home, your business or in the community's sewer pipes and into San Francisco Bay.
Residential cooking fats, oil and grease
To reduce grease-related problems at home:
- Order a free FOG scraper for scraping plates before washing.
- Place large quantities of cooking oil in sealed container and pour it out at one of EBMUD's residential cooking oil and grease drop-off locations or search for a nearby recycling location at BayWise.
- View our FOG frequently asked questions.
- Get more tips below in the Residential Fats, Oil and Grease brochure.
- For information about your community sewers, contact your local sewer system agency.
|Residential FOG Brochure||1.7 MB|
Commercial restaurants grease control
EBMUD helps restaurants and other food facilities control grease. Get free information about best management practices, grease trap maintenance and grease interceptor maintenance.