Resource Recovery: Trucked Waste Program
EBMUD's excess wastewater treatment capacity allows us to provide an environmentally friendly and economical disposal alternative. EBMUD treats a variety of liquid and solid wastes from outside of our service area, and offers competitive rates and a convenient disposal location seven days a week, 365 days a year.
There are two main avenues to permit your waste: 1) Generator of waste obtains a Permit and has it hauled, or 2) Generator hires an approved hauler to obtain a Permit and haul waste.
Follow these easy steps to have your waste stream reviewed.
- If your company already has a Permit, fill out the Trucked Non-Hazardous Material Acceptance Agreement (MAA) below. The MAA should only be submitted by a company with an existing Permit or is in the process of applying for one. Send the form along with appropriate lab data and Material Safety Data Sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (510) 287-1530.
- If necessary, call (510) 287-1336 to obtain a list of Approved Permitted Haulers who can profile your wastestream, or use the Waste Disposal Permit Application packet below to apply for your own Permit.
- Use the Wastestream Information Form if the process generating the waste is more complex than space allows on the MAA.
Currently Accepted Waste Streams
- Winery wastes (lagoon/pond, lees, product) -- (see brochure below)
- Portable toilet/septic tank wastes
- Fats, oils, and grease (FOG)
- Food processing (liquids and solids) waste
- Food scraps
- Animal processing waste
- Rendering facility waste
- Municipal water and wastewater sludge
- Industrial/commercial process wastes
- Storm water/Groundwater
Current and prospective Trucked Waste Program customers must provide evidence of general liability, auto and workman’s compensation insurance using EBMUD’s forms, provided below. These forms are also included in the permit document linked above, but are listed here separately for your convenience.