EBMUD's Resource Recovery: Trucked Waste Program provides an environmentally friendly and economical disposal alternative. EBMUD treats a variety of liquid and solid wastes, and offers competitive rates and a convenient disposal location 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Deliveries requiring District staff involvement (e.g., issuance of a new tanker decal, driver site orientation, and first-load sampling for all new materials) are required to have an appointment during regular business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. To schedule such appointments, please email us at RRWaste@ebmud.com.
Trucked waste payments
Pay by phone: 1-855-880-3373. Monday–Friday, 5 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 6 a.m.-10 a.m.
|No||$2.99*||2 business days||Credit card, debit card or e-check|
There are two main avenues to permit your waste: 1) Generator of waste obtains base Permit and has it hauled, or 2) Generator hires an approved hauler to obtain a Permit and haul waste.
- If your company already has a base Permit, fill out the Material Acceptance Agreement (MAA) below. The MAA should only be submitted by a company with an existing base Permit or is in the process of applying for one. Send the form along with appropriate lab data and Material Safety Data Sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If necessary, email email@example.com to obtain a list of Approved Permitted Haulers who can profile your wastestream, or use the Base Permit Application packet below to apply for your own Permit.
- Use the Supplemental Wastestream Information Form if the process generating the waste is more complex than space allows on the MAA.
Currently Accepted Waste Streams
- Animal Processing Waste
- Animal Blood (Beef, Poultry, Sheep, Swine/Pig)
- Beverage Processing Waste (Beer, Dairy, Juice, Spirits)
- Brine Waste / Gray Water (Reverse Osmosis (RO) Reject, Boiler Blowdown, Cooling Towers)
- Dairy DAF (Dissolved Air Flotation)
- Domestic Septage / Septic Tank Cleanouts
- Equipment Rinsate (Clean-in-Place (CIP)
- Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) / Inedible Kitchen Grease / Grease Traps
- Food Processing (Liquids and Solids) Waste and Expired or Off-Specification Product
- Groundwater / Stormwater
- Industrial / Commerical Process Waste
- Liquid Organic
- Municipal Water and Wastewater Sludge
- Portable Toilets / Chemical Toilets
- Rendering Facility Waste
- Winery Waste (Lagoon/Pond, Lees, Juice/Product, Barrel/Tank Rinsate) (see Winery Waste Management Program Brochure below)
- Not sure? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to profile your waste.
Current and prospective Trucked Waste Program customers must provide evidence of general liability, auto and worker’s compensation insurance using EBMUD’s forms, provided below. These forms are also included in the application packet linked below, but are also listed separately below for your convenience.
Trucked Waste Forms and Information
|EBMUD Resource Recovery Base Agreement||<1 MB|
|Material Acceptance Permit Form||<1 MB|
|Certificate of Commercial General Liability Insurance Form||<1 MB|
|Certificate of Commercial Auto-Trucking Liability Insurance Form||<1 MB|
|Certificate of Workers' Compensation Insurance Form||<1 MB|
|Certificate of Pollution Liability Insurance Form||<1 MB|
|Supplemental Wastestream Information Form||<1 MB|
EBMUD Trucked Waste Program Hotline: 510-287-1632
Mail physically signed Base Permit Applications to the corresponding address via USPS, UPS or FedEx
Email New Waste Stream Applications to RRwaste@ebmud.com
Email Insurance Documentation to RRinsure@ebmud.com
375 11th Street, MS 702
Oakland, CA 94607