How to set up your account online
Set up your EBMUD account to pay your bill, update contact information, set leak alerts, stop service, and more.
Step 1. Create an online EBMUD ID
Step 2. Link your account number
- Sign in to Manage your account and sign in with your new EBMUD ID email address and password.
- Enter your 11-digit account number and last name or company name exactly as it appears on the water bill.
- Tip: Your account number can be found on your last water bill (view a sample bill). If you can’t find your bill, please call 1-866-403-2683 during business hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m..
Step 3. Update contact information
- Sign in to Manage your account with your EBMUD ID.
- Click Account Info tab to update your contact information.
- Click My EBMUD ID (upper right) to change your email address if needed.
Once you have created your EBMUD account, you are ready to pay your bill online, track your water use, set up alerts and stop service.
How to enroll in paperless billing
Once enrolled in paperless billing you can schedule automatic payments from your bank account, pay by text or make online payments without a fee.
- Sign in to Manage your account with your EBMUD ID (email address) and password.
- Click 'Go Paperless'.
- Click 'Enroll in paperless'.
How to track water use and set up leak alerts
- Sign in to My Water Report and accept the terms and conditions.
- Click ''Track' to see your water use history
- Click 'Settings' and then select Communication Preferences to set up or modify leak alerts.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is possible that your EBMUD ID is currently pending and you need to activate your EBMUD ID. To receive a new activation link:
- Sign in to Manage Your Account with your old email address.
- Click My EBMUD ID in the upper right corner (next to the sign out button)
- The last name doesn’t match what is printed on your bill. Last Names are case sensitive.
- The account is inactive.
- The account has already been registered to a different email address. Try using a different email address if you have multiple, or please call 1-866-403-2683 during business hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The account number you entered is incorrect. Account numbers should include 11 digits. Verify your account number by referring to your bill.
If you forgot your account number:
Your account number is located on the upper right corner of the bill (view a sample bill). If you can’t find your bill, please call 1-866-403-2683 during business hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you forgot your password:
- Click Sign In
- Click Reset Password
- Enter your email address
- Follow the instructions sent to your email
This message means there is no active water account yet associated to your EBMUD ID (refer to Step 2 above).
New customers: If you recently opened a water account, please allow 2 business days for the My Water Report system to be updated with your new account information. Thank you for your patience.
- Sign in to Manage Your Account with EBMUD ID
- Click Account Info
- Click Unlink Account