Find out what happens after dirty water from your toilet, shower and laundry goes down the drain--take a tour of EBMUD’s Wastewater Treatment Plant.
We offer free tours for East Bay residents and students in middle and high school. Learn how we keep the San Francisco Bay clean by treating dirty water and what you can do to protect the environment.
Resident tours are offered on the first Saturday of each month from 9:30-11 a.m. Schedule a tour.
School tours are offered on the first Wednesday of each month from 1-2:30 p.m. Schedule a tour.
- The plant is located at 2020 Wake Avenue in Oakland (near the I-80/I-580 interchange). Map and directions below.
- Tours take about an hour and a half.
- Tours are available for groups of up to 25 people.
- School groups require one adult for every eight students.
- All attendees shall carry valid photo IDs.
- Attendees shall not take photographs during the tour.
- Outside food and beverages are prohibited.
- We recommend wearing comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- Children under age 10 are not permitted.
Waiver form required
Download and complete the waiver below. Each individual should bring a copy of the completed form on the day of the tour.