From now until December 15, PG&E construction equipment will cross sections of the De La Veaga Trail in Orinda starting at the Camino Pablo trailhead and extending two mile sup to the ridge. Please use caution and yield to any crews or equipment on the trail.
- Assume that heavy-machine operators cannot see you.
- Be aware that livestock may spook at nearby sudden movement.
For more information, please contact EBMUD at 510-287-0459.
Shimmering lakes, wooded glens and colorful flowers can be enjoyed along 80 miles of EBMUD trails in the East Bay. These hiking and horseback-riding paths wind through 27,000 acres of open space. EBMUD provides parking at five staging areas and stocks water on the trails for horses. EBMUD carefully manages watershed lands to protect water quality - so please, follow use rules and have your permit with you.
How to purchase trail use permits
Permits cost $3.00/day, $10.00/1 year, $20.00/3 years, $30.00/5 years. Trail permit holders can take members of their immediate family and 3 guests. Permits are not transferable.
- Online: Purchase and print trail use permits online.
- By mail: Download an application and mail it with your payment to EBMUD. For a Trail Leader Permit Application, email Watershed & Recreation or call 510-287-0459.
- In person: Pick up an application in person at our Watershed Headquarters in Orinda 925-254-3778 or 510-287-0459 and various EBMUD locations or other community locations.
To apply for a Trail Leader permit, you must be endorsed for EBMUD Trail Leader Permits before submitting your application. Endorser groups include hiking clubs, horsemen's associations, and various other groups.