September 12, 2023
Water Wednesday: Water Recycling
Experts will discuss how recycled water is used around the world,
in California and the East Bay
OAKLAND - Want to learn more about the future of recycled water? Curious about how water is recycled, and how it is used? Join us at EBMUD’s next Water Wednesday speaker series “Water Recycling Around the World”. With drought always looming, EBMUD and other water providers must consider every option to ensure water supplies for our communities now and for the next generation. In the next episode of Water Wednesday, we focus on one solution to drought: recycled water. Experts will discuss recycled water for landscapes, commercial use and more, and provide a glimpse into recycled water developments around the world, in California and the East Bay.
Our expert panel includes:
- Ben Glickstein, Director of Communications, WateReuse
- Florence Wedington, Senior Civil Engineer, EBMUD
- Reena Thomas, Associate Civil Engineer, EBMUD
- Melody LaBella, Resource Recovery Program Manager, Central Contra Costa Sanitary District
The virtual event will include a brief presentation and open Q & A.
- What: Water Wednesday webinar – Water Recycling Around the World
- When: Wednesday, September 20, 2023; 6 p.m.
- Where: Online via zoom, register at ebmud.com/waterwednesday
The East Bay Municipal Utility District has a proud history of providing high-quality drinking water for 1.4 million customers in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. EBMUD’s wastewater system serves 740,000 customers and helps protect the ecosystem of San Francisco Bay. EBMUD is a not-for-profit public agency established in 1923.