Oakland, May 11, 2023
EBMUD 100th Birthday Party and Community Fair Coming to Lake Temescal
Celebrate a century of water service at free one-day event
OAKLAND - For 100 years, the East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) has delivered on its promise to provide clean, reliable, and affordable drinking water to our community. EBMUD invites the public to celebrate a century of service with a 100th Birthday Party and Community Fair to highlight the wonder of water and community partnerships.
When: Sunday, May 21, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
What: Family-friendly fun for all ages with free admission. The community fair will feature a variety of activities, including:
- Two performance stages featuring East Bay artists.
- Kids zone with demonstrations and and hands-on activities.
- More than 30 booths featuring EBMUD departments, local businesses, non-profits, and other public agencies.
- Lawn space to picnic with your family and food and dessert trucks with items for purchase.
- EBMUD’s Water on Wheels trailer, UC Berkeley Center for Smart Infrastructure, and East Bay Regional Park District’s Mobile Fish Exhibit.
- Sustainable giveaways, including EBMUD wooden toy trucks.
- Centennial Beer and Wine Garden, sponsored by Drake’s Brewing Co. and LangeTwins Family Winery and Vineyard. The beer and wine garden will feature EBMUD’s centennial lager ‘Water Wings’, and wines from the Mokelumne River Watershed region, with proceeds from sales benefitting the Water Lifeline, a program to help keep high-quality water accessible to the most financially vulnerable households in the East Bay.
Where: Lake Temescal Recreation Area – North parking lot, 6500 Broadway, Oakland, 94618. Due to very limited parking at the site, please ride BART, rideshare, or bike to this event. At MacArthur and Rockridge BART stations, attendees will find free parking and shuttles service that runs every 10 minutes to/from the fair. At the event, free bike valet and limited ADA parking only.
Presented by: This event is presented by East Bay Municipal Utility District, East Bay Regional Park District, Bay Area Rapid Transit, RCF Connects, Drake’s Brewing Co., LangeTwins Family Winery and Vineyards, Oaklandish, East Bay Community Energy, Marin Clean Energy, Kaiser Permanente, Bank of America Securities, State Farm - Jay Scott, AFSCME Local 2019/Local 444/Council 57, and KUBRA.
Community fair partners: The Watershed Project, The Ruth Bancroft Garden and Nursery, Lend A Hand Foundation, Greater Richmond Interfaith Program, Alameda County Mosquito Abatement District, Oakland Firesafe Council, The Lawrence Hall of Science, Lindsay Wildlife Experience, Lao Family Community Development, Oakland Public Library, Pardee Home Museum, Urban Tilth, West Contra Costa Public Education Fund, and the Cypress Mandela Training Center.
Promotional Materials and Links:
- Event flyers in English, Spanish, Chinese, promotional images for social and web.
- Eventbrite registration helps EBMUD plan accordingly.
- Facebook event info.
The East Bay Municipal Utility District has a proud history of providing high-quality drinking water for 1.4 million customers in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. EBMUD’s wastewater system serves 740,000 customers and helps protect the ecosystem of San Francisco Bay. EBMUD is a not-for-profit public agency established in 1923.
Connect with EBMUD / ebmud.com / Instagram/ Twitter / Facebook / Nextdoor / LinkedIn / YouTube