August 26, 2022
Bay Area Water Agencies Partner to Urge Conservation, Highlight Drought-Tolerant Landscaping as State Braces for Fourth Dry Year
- Wade Crowfoot, Secretary, California Natural Resources Agency
- Ed Stevenson, General Manager, Alameda County Water District
- Clifford Chan, General Manager, East Bay Municipal Utility District
- Dennis Herrera, General Manager, San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
WHAT: Water Conservation Press Conference – In-person event
Secretary Crowfoot will join Bay Area water agency leaders at the Quarry Lakes Demonstration Garden in Fremont to announce programs and resources to assist and inspire Bay Area residents in their efforts to reduce outdoor water use as California prepares for a fourth dry year amid extreme drought.
After brief remarks and Q&A, press are invited to tour the garden with Master Gardener Nancie Ryan. Secretary Crowfoot, General Managers from Bay Area water agencies and water conservation experts will be available for interviews following the scheduled remarks.
WHEN: Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 10 a.m.
WHERE: Quarry Lakes Demonstration Garden located in Quarry Lakes Regional Recreation Area,
- Secretary Crowfoot and Bay Area Water Agency leaders
- Drought-tolerant garden
- Water conservation experts demonstrating water saving devices and practices
- Photos representing a residential and City Hall landscape conversion
Note: Bay Area Water Providers offer numerous water-saving resources, rebates and programs at sfpuc.org/BayAreaAgencies.
# # #
- Alameda County Water District provides drinking water to 345,000 people in Fremont, Newark and Union City @AlamedaCountyWD
- California Water Service Company provides drinking water to 389,000 people in the Bay Area through its Bayshore, Bear Gulch, Livermore, and Los Altos Districts @Calwater
- Contra Costa Water District provides drinking water to 500,000 people in central and eastern Contra Costa County @ContraCostaWaterDistrict
- Dublin San Ramon Services District provides drinking water, wastewater and recycled water services to 187,500 people in Dublin and San Ramon @DublinSanRamonServicesDistrict
- East Bay Municipal Utility District provides drinking water and wastewater services to 1.4 million people in portions of Alameda and Contra Costa Counties @EBMUD
- San Francisco Public Utilities Commission provides drinking water to 2.7 million people in four Bay Area Counties. @MySFPUC
- Zone 7 Water Agency is a wholesale water agency, supplying water to all eastern Alameda County, a population of over a quarter million residents. @Zone7Water
- Save Our Water is California’s statewide water conservation program that reaches millions of Californians each year through partnerships with local water agencies and other community-based organizations, social marketing efforts, paid and earned media and event sponsorships @SaveOurWaterCA