The following documents were referenced as part of the economic analysis:
- Spectrum Economics (1991). “Cost of Industrial Water Shortages: Preliminary Observations.”
- Center for Regional Economy (2006). “East Bay Water Sources and a Pilot Study of User Response to a Potential Supply Disruption.”
- San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (2007). “Measures to Reduce the Economic Impacts of a Drought-Induced Water Shortage in the SF Bay Area.”
- MHB Consultants, Inc. (1994). “The Economic Impact of Water Delivery Reductions on the San Francisco Water Department’s Commercial and Industrial Customers.
- Brozovic, Nichols, et al. (2006). “Estimating Business and Residential Water Supply Interruption Losses from Catastrophic Events.”
- RAND (1996). “Drought Management Policies and Economic Effects in Urban Areas of California, 1987-1992.”
To request a paper copy of a reference document, contact Alice Towey at 510-287-1105.