VIRTUAL COMMUNITY MEETINGS
Thank you for attending our series of virtual community meetings held on July 16, 2020 and December 2, 2020. A future community meeting will be scheduled in 2021.
Presentations and Q&A from all project-related community meetings can be found in the "Public Documents" section below.
The East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) will make electrical and pumping plant upgrades at the Maloney Pumping Plant, and electrical upgrades at the Sobrante Water Treatment Plant in El Sobrante. These upgrades will improve system reliability, operational safety and redundancy in the event of an emergency. The Maloney Pumping Plant and Sobrante Water Treatment Plant serve thousands of customers in Contra Costa County.
Why are we doing this?
- To replace aging infrastructure, to improve safety and operational efficiency and to improve system reliability.
When will work take place?
- Upgrades will take place at the Maloney Pumping Plant and Sobrante Water Treatment Plant, simultaneously, from fall 2019 through fall 2022.
- Project work hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with noise generating activities over 90dBA being limited to 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If extended work hours are expected, the community will be notified in advance.
What should I expect?
- There are no water outages associated with this project.
- New power buildings, pump upgrades and other related facility improvements will be constructed as part of this project and will be a part of the new site footprint at the completion of the project.
- Expect construction crews, increased truck traffic, materials and equipment at each site.
- Temporary diesel generators staged at the Maloney Pumping Plant and Sobrante Water Treatment Plant will run intermittently to support critical facility outages to meet the water needs of the community.
Who do I contact?
Emergencies or after-hours, call EBMUD 866-403-2683