Restaurants, institutions and commercial facilites in the EBMUD service area are eligible to receive free water-efficient spray nozzles to replace older, high-water use models. EBMUD provides a free on-site water survey in addition to the water-efficient spray nozzle installation.
The program can provide significant water, sewer and water heating costs. See "Spray Valve Savings" below.
- You must have an existing hose and conventional spray valve nozzle(s) installed.
- You must be an EBMUD customer with a valid business license.
- Call 510-287-1900 to schedule an appointment for a Water Conservation Representative to install the nozzle(s).
Replacement nozzles will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are exhausted or the program terminates, whichever occurs first.
Spray Valve Savings
Spray Valve Comparison
|EBMUD Installed||Conventional Models|
|Nozzles gpm rated flow||1.6 gpm||2.5 gpm||4.0 gpm|
|Daily usage (hrs)||2||2||2|
|Annual Heat Cost to operate||$880||$1,374||$2,198|
|Annual Water Cost to operate||$387||$604||$967|
|Annual Sewer Cost to operate||$493||$770||$1,232|
|Total Annual Cost to operate||$1,760||$2,748||$4,397|
|Savings (Compared to a 1.6 Nozzle)||$988||$2637|
1. $1.397/therm, $4.15/unit of water, $5.29/unit sewer
2. 1 unit of water = 748 gallons
3. gpm* - gallons per minute
4. Water temperature 140°F (Delta 75°F)
5. 363 days/1 year use
Your resource for services and incentives for home and business, publications, workshops and events, and more.