Lawn Conversion & Irrigation Rebates
Effective January 1, 2015
Reduce your water bill and earn rebates for one or more landscape and irrigation equipment upgrades.
Up to $2,500
Single- and Multi-Family (4 units or less) Residential
Up to $20,000
Commercial and Multi-Family (5 units or more)
Choose from a menu of cost-effective upgrades you can use to create low water use landscaping, improve irrigation efficiency, and lower your water bill:
- Convert high water use lawns to sustainable landscaping.
- Convert sprinklers to drip irrigation.
- Replace conventional sprinkler nozzles with high-efficiency rotating nozzles.
- Replace conventional irrigation timers with smart controllers.
- Install pressure regulators to improve system performance.
- Install submeters to improve leak detection and irrigation management.
The program is available to qualifying single-family homes, multi-family properties, and commercial and institutional landscape irrigators. Please note that rebates are not retroactive.
Get inspiration and ideas for your lawn conversion.
- A telephone interview and/or pre-inspection with an EBMUD representative and subsequent written approval is required before starting a project.
- The project must be completed within six months of application approval.
- A post-project inspection is required.
- Rebate applications must include an original receipt for the purchase of qualifying equipment and be postmarked or received by EBMUD within 90 days of purchase.
- Rebated equipment must be installed and inspected within 180 days from equipment purchase date.
- Water guzzling and invasive plants don’t qualify for a rebate. Get information on low water-use plants here.
- Artificial turf does not qualify because it does not support soil health or provide habitat, is destined for the landfill when it wears out, may contain heavy metals, and creates a heat island effect because it doesn’t cool the air like a natural landscape.
Other terms and conditions apply to this offer. Please see details and an application form below.