Multi-family Submeter Retrofit Incentives
EBMUD offers rebates to multi-family property owners of up to $250 for the installation of submeters. Submeters allow residents and property owners to track water use for separate units. The following rebates are available:
- up to $250 per dwelling unit for apartment owners
- up to $150 per dwelling unit for mobile home parks and condominium/townhouse homeowner associations
Rebates for apartment owners are higher because upgrades are required to bring dwelling units up to water conservation standards.
To qualify for a rebate, multi-family property owners must:
- install water meters on individual dwelling units,
- meter and bill residents for water,
- install water-efficient toilets, showerheads, and faucet aerators, when required.
Water-efficient showerheads and faucet aerators are provided by EBMUD, free of charge. Property owners also may be eligible for toilet rebates.
See the Multi-Family Submetering and Billing Allocation Study for more information on the water savings that can be realized through sub-metering.
The offer is good for purchases made January 1, 2015 through June 30, 2015, and is not retroactive.
See program application below for program details. Application must be completed and approved before work begins.