Beginning December 2021, EBMUD crews will install a new water pipeline to improve water service in your Oakland neighborhood. We will work on:
- Harbor View Avenue between 35th Avenue & Patterson Avenue
- Wisconsin Street between 35th Avenue & Patterson Avenue
- 35th Avenue, Magee Avenue, Loma Vista Avenue & Patterson Avenue between Harbor View Avenue & Wisconsin Street
We expect to complete pipeline installation by May 2022, with final paving to follow.
Work hours are 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. We will provide traffic control. Residents may experience delays of up to 10 minutes when entering and leaving the work area. If you have special needs, please call us and we will make every effort to accommodate.
What to expect
- Equipment and materials will be temporarily located in your neighborhood during construction.
- After the new water pipeline is installed, crews will transfer water services, install fire hydrants and make final connections.
- Once construction is completed, material and equipment will be removed within 1 to 2 weeks.
Water service interruption
Crews will notify you with a door hanger, regarding planned water service interruption to your property. After a service interruption, there may be air in the pipes that may loosen particles in your home plumbing. Close your toilet water supply valves, and then run water from your front hose bib, bathtub and/or cold water faucets for 1-3 minutes. This will dispel any air or loosened particles from your household pipes. If any water quality issues remain after flushing, please call us.
The asphalt paving applied daily is temporary and is designed to provide a safe road surface during construction. Final paving occurs after pipeline work is completed. It may take up to 90 days or longer before final paving is completed.
Flushing for water quality
After pipe installations or repairs, EBMUD crews may flush water lines with large volumes of water to ensure water is clean and safe. When crews flush pipes, customers may see water discharged into tanks or storm drains. Flushing is a critical step to keep your water safe by removing sediment and discolored water following a repair or new pipe install. EBMUD values conservation and water reuse, especially during drought, and works to reuse flushed water whenever possible. Learn more.
Frequently asked questions
For after-hours assistance, please contact: 1-866-403-2683