EBMUD is completing system improvements and plans to remove the Madrone Reservoir from service.
This is part of a greater effort to improve facilities in the area and continue to ensure delivery of safe and reliable drinking water to your home.
The project work includes:
- Demolishion of the Madrone Reservoir
- Backfilling and repaving the area
- Upgrading the perimeter fencing surrounding the facility
This site will then be used for staging of construction equipment for the subsequent Palo Seco and Madrone Pumping Plants Rehabilitation, a related project scheduled to begin in the Fall 2023.
Workplan and schedule
All construction will be performed by an EBMUD contractor and is scheduled to begin in the Fall 2023. The work is expected to take approximately 3 months. Typical work hours are Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
What to expect
During construction, expect increased traffic, residents may experience delays when entering and leaving the work area. There will a noticeable presence of equipment/machinery to and from the site and construction related noise and dust.
- Madrone Palo Seco Pumping Plant pipeline replacement- June 2022-Oct 2022
- Madrone Reservoir demolition- Fall 2023
- Madrone and Palo Seco Pumping Plant rehabilitation- Fall 2023 - Fall 2025
For after-hours assistance, please contact: 1-866-403-2683