Beginning Fall 2021, East Bay Municipal Utility District will begin rehabilitation of two 12-million-gallon (MG) steel reservoirs Castenada No. 1 & No. 2 Reservoirs located on EBMUD property off Crow Canyon Road in San Ramon. The rehabilitation project will include:
- Demolition of the existing steel roof on both reservoirs and installation of new steel roofs,
- Blasting and recoating the existing tank interior and exterior
- Installation of roof access stairs,
- Demolition of the valve vault and associated piping, construction of a new valve vault and lid,
- Electrical improvements,
- Installation of security fencing and gate and,
- Repaving the access road and reservoir site.
Project schedule and work hours
The project will occur from Fall 2021 through Work hours are Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m- 6:00 p.m.
What to expect
During construction you may notice an increase in EBMUD and contractor trucks and equipment in the area. Equipment and materials will be staged on our EBMUD reservoir property.
During typical construction activities, you may notice some construction-related noise. During sandblasting and vacuuming activities, you may notice more significant project noise. An overnight generator will be required for a portion of the project when recoating the interior of the tanks and nearby residents will be notified prior to this phase. Efforts will be made to minimize sound.
Emergencies or after hours, call EBMUD at 1-866-403-2683
Contractors: For bid opportunities please see the Business Center.