Save money and the environment with high-efficiency commercial washers.
Replacing conventional clothes washers with high-efficiency washers can cut water and energy use in half, saving money with every load. They also use less detergent, which is good for the environment, and reduce drying times, which saves energy.
- $75 per qualifying washer for multi-family properties and other businesses.
- $125 per qualifying washer for coin laundry stores.
Who Can Participate
Owners and operators of multi-family properties, public and private institutions with common area laundries, coin laundry stores, and other businesses with on-premise washers in EBMUD's service area are eligible to participate.
How to Apply
- Qualifying high efficiency machines must be purchased (or lease agreement signed) between January 1 and December 31, 2017. A list of qualifying high efficiency commercial washers is shown below.
- Each front-loading commercial clothes washer manufactured on or after January 8, 2013 shall have a water factor no greater than 5.5. (Water factor is the amount of water in gallons used to wash each cubic foot of laundry.) Please refer to the website link below.
- Applications must be postmarked within 90 days of purchase or lease of qualifying machine(s) with a minimum 5-year term.
- Rebates will be paid on a first-come, first served basis until program funds are exhausted or the program terminates, whichever occurs first.
|Water Smart Commercial Washer Rebate Application (Fillable PDF)||<1 MB|
|List of Qualifying Commercial Clothes Washers||<1 MB|
The Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate application is a fillable PDF. Just fill in your information then print, sign and mail it.