Ways to Pay
Want to make a one-time payment quickly? Pay your bill by phone or online with a credit card, ATM card or electronic check using our third-party vendor. NOTE: There is a convenience fee for this service from our payment service provider, Official Payments.
- To pay by phone, call 1-800-690-4798.
- To pay online using your credit card, debit card or e-check.
P.O. Box 1000
Oakland, CA 94649-0001
An EBMUD e-Bill is a complete electronic version of the paper bill you currently receive, available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Paying your EBMUD bill with e-Bill is free. A secure log-in and 128-bit encryption protects your online bill and ensures that only you have access to your billing information. You simply review and decide when you pay your e-Bill online with a click of a mouse. You can make a one-time payment or set up automatic payments.
When you sign up for e-Bill, you will no longer receive paper bills and agree to pay your water bill electronically. You can cancel your e-Bill service at any time and receive paper bills again for your next billing cycle. This service is offered through EBMUD's third-party vendor CheckFree.
- To sign up for e-Bills, visit www.mycheckfree.com
You can have your bill payments automatically deducted from your bank account by signing up for our Direct Payment Program.
- Request an application form online at www.directpaymentplan.com
- Call Customer Service at 1-866-403-2683 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Please see the pay station and drop box lists below to find a location near your home or business.
- do not accept checks for payment, but do accept money orders,
- are of two types: no fee for payment and fee-based customer pay stations (with a charge of $1.50 per payment),
- accept debit cards for a fee at locations noted on the Fee Based Customer Pay Stations list below, and
- accept in-person payments. NOTE: If you make a payment at an authorized pay station and your account is overdue, you must call Customer Service at 1-866-403-2683 during business hours to report your payment reference number. Payments will post to your account within three business days.
- drop your payments in any EBMUD drop box located in our service area, and
- payments are processed the business day following pick-up. See the Customer Pay Station and Drop Box Locations list below.
Search for a pay station or drop box location in your area by viewing the lists below. These downloadable documents are searchable PDF files which can be viewed and printed with Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free software.
EBMUD is proud to be part of the communities we serve and offers programs to help pay part of the cost of water service for low-income residential customers or those experiencing financial hardship.
- a payment made at a pay station
- a 48-hour notice
- a service interruption--you need service restored
Phone: 1-866-403-2683 and a customer service representative will assist you.