Lawn Conversion & Irrigation Upgrade Rebates
Effective April 1, 2014
Reduce your water bill and earn rebates for one or more landscape and irrigation equipment upgrades.
Up to $2,500
Single- and Multi-Family (4 units or less) Residential
Up to $20,000
Commercial and Multi-Family (5 units or more)
Choose from a menu of cost-effective upgrades you can use to create low water use landscaping, improve irrigation efficiency, and lower your water bill:
- Convert high water use lawns to sustainable landscaping.
- Convert sprinklers to drip irrigation.
- Replace conventional sprinkler nozzles with high-efficiency rotating nozzles.
- Replace traditional irrigation timers with self-adjusting models.
- Install pressure regulators to improve system performance.
- Install submeters to improve leak detection and irrigation management.
The program is available to qualifying single-family homes, multi-family properties, and commercial and institutional landscape irrigators. Please note that rebates are not retroactive.
Pre-inspections by an EBMUD representative are required for all rebates before work is started.
- The project must be completed within six months of application approval and a post-project inspection is required.
- Rebate applications must include an original receipt for the purchase of qualifying equipment and be postmarked or received by EBMUD within 90 days of purchase.
- Rebated equipment must be installed and inspected within 180 days from equipment purchase date.
- A post-installation inspection is required to verify that qualifying equipment is properly installed.
Other terms and conditions apply to this offer. Please see details and an application form below.