EBMUD customers can get a rebate of up to $50 for replacing an old toilet (using 3.5 gallons per flush or more) with a high-efficiency model.
Older toilets can account for as much as 26 percent of household indoor water use. Water used for toilet flushing can be reduced by up to 62 percent by installing a high-efficiency toilet (HET) that uses 1.3 gallons per flush or less. Although HETs use less water, they remove waste effectively and perform well.
How to Participate
- New toilets must be purchased between January 1, 2014 and June 30, 2014. This offer is not retroactive.
- Applications must be submitted within 90 days of purchase.
- WaterSense tank-style toilets and high-efficiency flush-valve toilets (usually found in commercial settings) qualify as replacements. See lists below.
Review the HET Rebate Brochure and Application below which includes:
- terms and conditions
- how to determine your existing toilet flush volume
- a list of HET retailers and disposal sites
- a fillable, printable application
- an application checklist – please make sure your application is complete
(NOTE: The HET rebate application is a fillable PDF. Just fill out, print, sign and mail it in.)
If you have questions or would like a printed copy of the brochure, please contact us.
Your resource for services and incentives for home and business, publications, workshops and events,and more.